Well, I am back at good old FU. But I am glad to be back. Although I am going to have to do a lot of work between now and Christmas break, it really is only about 2 and half weeks until I go home! I have never wanted to go home this badly before. Now, don't think that I am homesick or wish that I was not here, but I am really excited to go home. I am excited to see my family and my dog and go to church and see what few friends I have left at home. Really, the vast majority of my good friends are here at Furman. That is something that is so weird to me - I spend 5 and a half years in Colorado and almost 14 in Tennessee, and when I go off to college, it turns out that my best friends are here at Furman. But I do love what friends I still keep in touch with, don't get me wrong.
Oh, good thing, Kristin and I now have a mini Christmas tree in our room. It's so cute and festive! I'll take a picture of it sometime to show you. But as for now, I must go to bed. Tomorrow I head back to the life I have chosen, one of endless reading and writing in pursuit of that degree that I don't even know what I am going to do with once I have it. And I don't even know what major I am going to choose! And I don't know what to do this summer for an internship (that is one project I am working on). I really don't know anything beyond what classes I am going to be taking this winter term. But I am ok. I am trusting that the Lord will reveal His will in His time, which seems to be a lot later than mine!
I read Blue Like Jazz over break - my new favorite book! I highly recommend it, but I do want the reader to bear this in mind - just remember to read it analytically, taking not everything the author says to heart, but being wise and discerning. His message is phenomenal, and one I hope to adopt into my own life, but some of his views, mostly political, are not like mine, so whatever that means to you, but still read it! Ok, so that was worded really poorly, but I don't want to fix it - I think you are smart enough to get my point. Ok, I am really going to bed now. Love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment