Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am finally typing on my dear little Gateway computer once again! Many thanks go out to Aaron in Colorado for bringing it back to life and providing technical assistance over the phone last night! I am forever in your debt! (He doesn't read this or even know it exists, but at least you all know how grateful I am!)
I am looking forward to this weekend, even though I do have to finally write that last paper for Italy along with the normal homework load. Tomorrow night is Pi Kapp's Club Manor party, and my apartment-mates and I are going to go together! It will be our first all-apartment event! (Well, I am not sure if Lisa is coming, but Annie, Merianna and I are.) And if there are a lot of people at the party, it will be super fun. Also, Saturday is Ben's birthday, and Liz's birthday is this weekend too, I think. A football game on Saturday....sounds like fun, eh? Hopefully I will get some work done in the midst of the extracurricular activities I have planned.
Tonight I successfully cooked my first real dinner here in the apt. I made spaghetti with steamed broccoli and garlic bread. Whitney and Ryan came and ate with me - it was delightful. And tomorrow I need to make banana muffins because we have 2 very overripe bananas. With each successful meal or baking experience, I am more encouraged to keep trying. The mac-and-paste incident set me back a bit; I really didn't want to cook after that. But if I plan better and use recipes, I should be ok. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to make some potato salad for a cook-out in SoHo, so that should be interesting.
Tonight I met some of the freshmen on Gambrell 100, and there were some nice guys in there. It was super weird to go in Timony and Zach's old room and see new freshmen living there. It made me feel old (though I did find out that Reilly, a sophomore, is only 6 days younger than me). But I definately enjoyed wandering around with Evan meeting some of his kids. :) haha I bet they wouldn't want me to call them kids. Oh well, they probably think it's weird that a junior would be walking around on a freshman hall. So I can call them kids if I want to.
You know, my situation in life really hasn't changed at all, but I am trying to look at the positive things in my life and not even think about what stresses me out and depresses me. Today was a good day, and that is all I can ask for. All I need are fresh mercies each morning, and today was definately a fresh start. God is so faithful to grace me, even when I am so unfaithful to ask for or to be open to receive his grace. So once more I go to bed in my new room, praying for peace as I sleep and grace for the new day tomorrow. And to my family and friends, as your individual circumstances come to my mind, I am praying for you too. Somehow praying for other people makes me feel better - though it really doesn't change my situation, at least I feel I am doing something to help the ones I love.
Countdown to Italy: 108 days
No comments:
Post a Comment