Thursday, January 04, 2007

still at home

Well, I am still at home. I started packing today, and so for the next 2 days, I will wear the same outfit that I didn't pack. I still have to write my paper, but I am not concerned. I will get it done. And so I sit at home for a couple more nights, getting more and more anxious about the trip. We are supposed to get some more snow tomorrow night, and it had better not mess up my flight plans. I will have to try to leave early or fly out of a different airport if the snow is too bad, and I just don't need that stress. I am already finding it hard to sleep at night, like I always do when I get anxious. Just a couple more nights and then all this uncertainty about the trip will be made certain....

I love home, but I hate knowing that my friends are all together again at school and I am here. I want to go to Blue Ridge last night and go hiking on Saturday. I know once I get to Italy I will be having the time of my life, but these few days are terrible! I sort of wish I had come back to Furman before flying out of Atlanta.... I will be in the airport all day on Sunday, so feel free to call me before I leave the country! And I hope all of you Furman students had a great first day of class!!! Winter term will be over before you know it, so don't hate those long classes too much!!

Oh, I am really proud of myself because today I replaced the battery in my iPod mini. I bought the battery, it came with all the tools and instructions, and Clayton said that it was ok to try, so I did it!! I was really freaked out while I was doing it, since I have no idea about anything electronic and how it works, I thought I would screw it up for sure. But no! So hopefully this will fix how it dies all the time due to low battery even though it would have charged all night. That is my good news for the day. Oh, and I got a new memory card for my camera, that is my other good news.

I love you all, I really do. :)

No comments: