Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The time has come.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The time for which we have all been eagerly waiting has arrived. As you may recall from one of my previous posts, I have been in the market for a bag to replace the perfect bag I bought at New York & Company last summer. It has taken me this long, but I have finally found it! And I will venture to say that it may be better than the one I already have.

Mom and I went to Kohl's this past weekend simply planning to browse, but since autumn is just around the corner here in Colorado, all the summer merchandise was anywhere from 60%-90% off. Outrageous! Anyways, Mom found this bag. It was $150, but with all our discounts, I paid $25. For a Simply Vera leather bag! And it's gray! And it's gorgeous! This photo really doesn't do it justice, but it's the best I can do for now.

This bag represents to me the transition from my identity as a student to that of a young professional. This bag still has all the qualities I want, but somehow it seems more grown up. I will not be hauling notebooks or computers in this bag. It will hold beautiful things like my silver wallet, my fabulous sunglasses, and my perfectly tinted lip gloss.

Needless to say, I am thrilled. I mean, I haven't posted on here since April, but this was worth the extra effort to take the photo and write a blog entry. I am also pleased that my quilt inadvertently showed up in this picture.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Loving it! I finally got a replacement for mine and only used it for about a week before switching back to old faithful, which is fraying around the edges. I agree your new one is totally business woman and I can see you strolling into the office in your silver shoes, Vera Wang in hand, made up in neutrals.