
And so the summer continues, but with a fresh start for July. This week I started a new job at Life Network, which is the non-profit organization that includes Education for A Lifetime, the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center, and Bridges of Hope. EFL is the program that educates teenagers and soldiers about risky behaviors such as drug and alcohol abuse and premarital sex, and encourages them to make wise decisions. CSPC is a crisis pregnancy center that offers free pregnancy tests and information about all the choices that the girls have when faced with an unplanned pregnancy. We do not refer them for abortions, but if they choose to do so, they can come back to us for the Bridges of Hope program, which is a support group for men and women who are dealing with a past abortion. Now it may seem like my job is really important after reading this synopsis of the clinic's services, but do not be fooled. I am a part-time receptionist and a part-time events assistant. As an events assistant, I am working on procuring items from donors for the auction, which is one of the center's largest fundraisers. All the services the center offers are free, so we run solely on donations. I am excited to have a job that I have to dress up to go to and makes me feel sort of grown up. I am going to have to do some shopping if I am going to wear something different every day of the week and not wear the same outfits every week. Anyways, that is new and exciting in my life. Also, I am going to Vancouver, British Columbia, July 28 - August 2 to see my grandparents, my cousins, and my aunt. I am excited about seeing the cute little cousins - they are only 5 and 3, and I haven't seen them in 2 years! My family went to Breckenridge a few weekends ago, and soon I will put some pictures up here from that hiking excursion. I hope everyone is having a good summer! I miss all my Furman friends, and can't wait to see you in the fall! Oh, and the picture is of my sisters - isn't it great?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment