Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Fountain Hopping!
So tonight all the freshmen, class of 2009, went fountain hopping. It was so much fun to see it all from this side - it really is like a right of passage at Furman. If you don't know what fountain hopping is, let me explain. All the freshmen (~700 of them) meet in front of the PAC, and then run all over campus and wade through all of the fountains; there are 8 fountains. They end running through the rose garden, through a group of us upperclassmen who don't get wet, and jump in the lake. It is really disgusting - the lake is SOOOOOO filthy! Seriously, I cannot describe the growth that we can see in the lake, and everyone jumps in it! They were all excited - it was great. I'm not going to lie though, the class of 2008 was a lot more spirited and excited last year when we went fountain hopping. We were all so hyped up - I feel like we had to have set a record or something for being so loud and spirited. I am really excited about our halls this year. We seem to have a great group of kids who is really spirited and ready to win O-Week! And this year I think we really have a chance! Well, I have to wait up for the laundry that we are doing for the girls and boys, so that is why I am posting so late. This week has been fun so far, and all my favorite stuff is still coming up! Midnight serenade, President's Picnic and My Tie....ahhhhh.....the traditions of the freshmen.... I want to give a shout out to Lane, Cailin, Katie and Laura - we sure do miss all of our sophomores from last year! We are striving to be as great of an RA, RAR, and FRADs as we were given! Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment