Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Declaration

Today I am officially a religion major!! Ahhhh!!! I am excited about my classes (and how few there are for a religion major). It's really cool because I automatically entered into whatever religion classes I want; I don't have to go through the lottery for them. But because there are only 8 classes required for this major, I will probably double major. And seeing as the foreign study trip I want to go on next winter term has a religion and communications class, maybe I should double major in communications. (The trip is to Italy and Greece - how cool is that?!?!) So I might take public speaking in the spring. Scary!!!! I kind of feel like, well, I really like studying this, and because I feel at peace about it, I might as well go ahead and take this step. I have no idea what I am going to do as a religion/communications major, but at least I know what classes I am going to take. I feel really weird - like I have committed myself to this, and even though I know I am free to change my mind at any time, I feel like now I am one of "those kids," the "religion majors." I don't know what that means, but now I am associated with the religion department. I hope that is ok.... Haha, it makes me laugh to think that I when I came to Furman I was pre-med biology major. :) Oh how far I have come since then! (which was a year and a half ago...ahhhhhhh!!) And yes, family, I am going to have to eat all the words I said making fun of Grampy and his church history.....because I am taking a church history class this spring! Oh the Lord has a sense of humor! (Maybe I'll learn something about Josephus!) :) I am going to stop saying that I will never do things, because I seem to be doing the very things that I said I would never do - like study church history and take public speaking! What is this world coming to..... So, yeah, that is my declaration for today - I declared my major. Whew.... Now to go write that paper on Paul and the law....yeah, I still haven't started that....but I have a rough outline! Mom, pretend that you didn't hear that - and it isn't due until Monday, so I have plenty of time! Some other time I will explain about this program I am going to apply for - maybe I will just tell you about it if I get in....anyways, that's all for now!

No comments: